A former US Special Forces commander in Libya said he pleaded more security in the weeks and months, leading up to the consulate attack that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Lt. Col. Andy Wood, who is set to appear this week before a House Oversight Committee hearing, told CBS News that 34 security personnel had been removed from Libya in the six months before terrorists bombed the US consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, killing Ambassador Stevens and three others.
“[It felt] like we were being asked to play the piano with two fingers,” Wood told CBS. “There was concern amongst the entire embassy staff." The deadly raid in Benghazi was originally blamed on protesters, angry over a clownish anti-Islamic movie made by a Coptic Christian in California.
Read more at the NY Post